Today we were receiving text updates from Nicole regarding what was billed as Charlie & Beth's last Notre Dame tailgate (this being Kristen's senior year, and her being scheduled to graduate on time).Various notable attendees graced this last hurrah, including Steve & Liz, Steve & Cecilia, Nicole & POC, Sister Eugene, Romie & Joy, no doubt many others.
By the way, ND beat a lousy Pitt team to run its 2010 record to an uninspiring 2-3. But I still think the new coach (one Brian Kelly) inspires confidence. I'm hoping that feeling lasts longer than a similar feeling inspired by o
ur old classmate, Charlie Weis, as delusionally discussed here.We haven't had the good fortune to attend one of these C&B tailgate events, but I understand that they have grown increasingly sophisticated over the years.
Anyway, this recalls a fun tailgate experience with the House van back in October 1981, which we (with Nicole) did attend. The photos reveal
a remarkably high degree of overlap among the attendees at the separated-by-29-years tailgates.I recall beautiful weather and a fine time 29 years ago. The menu and cooking apparatuses (apparati?) do look a bit primitive in comparison to 2010, however.

No comments:
Post a Comment